Sunday, November 6, 2011

Costa Rica One More Time!

My encore trip to the country of pura vida is going very well.  Flights smooth and on time; picking up the rental car (automatic trans and GPS this time--yay!) and getting to the Hotel Turrialtico--all went very well. I arrived here at 2:30 tico time, just as the GPS predicted (how did it know?).


The drive was pleasant.  Saturday afternoon is  market day for many Costa Ricans.  Traffic through every small town was slow--stop and stop, very little go.  Once I got on the mountain road to Turrialba things were smoother, just had to ride the brakes and watch for big vehicles coming around hairpin turns on two lane road.



The hotel is simple and rustic but it has fantastic views of the city in the valley below and the countryside on the other side of the building.



Staff of the hotel is very nice.  It's really just a small lodge, I think I was the only guest last night.  Restaurant food very tasty.  I'm only speaking Spanish and it's great practice for meeting my host family this afternoon and starting class at 7:30 in the morning.

I'm not sure what touristical ventures I'll get into this morning after 7 AM breakfast.  I need to find an ATM right away to get some colones to contribute to the economic development of this wonderful country! 

No comments:

Post a Comment